Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Santa Barbara Film Festival and the Canary



The 25th Santa Barbara International Film Festival kicked off Thursday evening with the arrival of the Montecito Honor Recipient, Julianne Moore.  Sandra Bullock received the American Riviera Award on Friday evening.  Both Awards were presented at the Arlington Theater.  The actresses spent time on the Red Carpet greeting fans who came out in large numbers in the rain to greet these beloved actresses.
Tonight, Saturday, James Cameron of Titanic and recently Avatar fame will be presented the Modern Masters Award.  James Cameron is a local resident.


Sandra Bulllock, America's "Miss Congeniality" in The Blind Side

The film festival runs for 10 Amazing Days and 11 Starry Nights with venues at numerous Santa Barbara Theaters.

I was on duty today in the Village Properties Real Estate Concierge Office at the Canary Hotel http://www.canarysantabarbara.com/, which was booked solid with Film attendees.  The restaurant said they were busy from dawn to dusk with Hotel Guests and locals.  The Canary is a fabulous newer hotel in the heart of down-town Santa Barbara.  Below is a view of the Pool deck.




Congratulations to the SBIFF 2010 for another successful run.
For more information on Festival Events and tickets, go to:  http://www.sbfilmfestival.org/ 


6 comments:

Eve said...

Dear Carla,
thank you for your kind comment. I am glad you found and wrote me because I cant visit now your blog and learn more about your wonderful region. But I have to apologize that I haven´t translated my posts yet. It is quite difficult to understand my "special" kind of writing, so that your German must be very good. We live here in an old stone farmhouse from ca. 1860 in the north of Bavaria. Our Region is called Franconia. I found Madelief because of our love for antique furniture and decoration and I saw that you also have the passion for beauty and an eye for details.
So I will come back soon and wish you a very nice Sunday !
Kindest regards,
Eve

The Stylish House said...

Hi Carla,
What a lovely hotel! I'm so glad Lee sent you over to my site, she is wonderful.
I appreciate you entering my Blogiversary Giveaway. It's been great meeting new new bloggers like yourself. Wishing you luck on the giveaway.
Cathy

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Carla,
I really enjoyed this great post. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your kind comment, it is much appreciated.
Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Oh, Santa Barbara Film-Festival! I wish I were there!!!!!
Many regards , Yvonne

Madelief said...

Hi Carla,

What a coincidence. We had our Rotterdam film festival at the same time as yours!! Unfortunately I havent had time to visit some of the movies!

What a beautiful hotel to work in!

Enjoy your day!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, wishing you a love filled Valentine’s Day, full of laughter, good food and great company.

Love & Hugs
Duchess