Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October is perfect for High Tea!

In the Heart of Santa Barbara....


becons a fabulous five star Bed & Breakfast Inn
named The Simpson House Inn

come and join five long time friends for a birthday celebration

The Simpson House is surrounded by manicured gardens and patios
The main residence offers lovely guest rooms and garden cottages
another garden with a beautiful fountain

Santa Barbara used to have many grand Victorian style homes until the 1925 earthquake
The Simpson House is one of the few surviving Grand Ladies


Here are some younger ladies celebrating a birthday!
We have been friends for 35 years!


a charming porch entry to the dining room


a classic sideboard offering home made goodies to guests
many cozy corners for snuggling up with a book

Our dining room is ready for birthday Tea

A delightful and delicious afternoon enjoying each other and home made scones, sandwiches, cookies and all the tradition trimmings of High Tea!

How do you celebrate a milestone birthday in beautiful Santa Barbara?

3 comments:

Lee said...

That looks like so much fun! beautiful groomed garden... and good friends can't beat that.
Lovely post,
Lee

Lee said...

You are so sweet to come by and leave such a sweet comment... it meant so much to me. I have never traveled and I know you have so much to share on your blog. I can only dream... by what I see and read.

So you shall be a mentor to me. I look forward to your next post. I think it will be rich and sweet.
Lee

French Kissed said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos of the beautiful Simpson House and the birthday Tea. I never even knew that they served Tea to non guests. This is definitely going on my list of things to do.

~Jermaine~