Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Cacti Orchids are stunningly beautiful!


Epiphyllums also known as Cacti Orchids
These stunning flowers only last a day
or two.
The plant itself is not particularly lovely....
ohhhh but the flowers are truly
exotic and lovely



I discovered these unusual plants in the garden 
of a client who had passed away.
She had a passion for beautiful flowers.


the plants were hanging in the trees and looked
very neglected


 I asked if I could take them home

 A friend who had been a docent at Santa Barbara's 
beautiful Lotus Land came over to
tell me about them

I nurtured the plants and did some research....
One day.... they began to bloom....
I have been hooked ever since and have at least 
ten plants. Their blooms have never ceased to 
amaze me and give me joy
The Santa Barbara area climate is perfect for these
interesting plants. Our Local Santa Barbara Zoo has
many of these plants hanging in the Oak Trees as does

Epiphyllum (/ˌɛpˈfɪləm/;[2] "upon the leaf" in Greek) is a genus of 19 species of epiphytic plants in the cactus family (Cactaceae), native to Central America. Common names for these species include climbing cactiorchid cacti and leaf cacti, though the latter also refers to the genus Pereskia.

No comments: